Friday, June 10, 2011

Acceptance

I have always wondered if I would have been allowed to act and dress like a girl whether I would still want to alter my body.  I probably would have wanted to develop breasts as I think it would be so much better to have breasts that are a part of your body instead of worrying if the breast forms will pop out and embarrass you.  I don't know whether I would opt for the SRS surgery, I don't care about whether I have that thing.  Maybe the idea of surgery is what scares me.

I think the greatest crime a boy can do is be on the effeminate side.  There is so much pressure put on the boy to conform with society's expectations of being a man.  For girls on the tomboy side, there is a little pressure especially if the parents want a girly girl.  But in my opinion, tomboys get a little more acceptance than girly boys.  I know from personal experience the pressure of conforming to male standards.  With me, it came mostly from my older brother.  I remember when I wanted a toy stove and oven, how he would make comments about me getting a girl toy.  He wanted me to join the Armed Services, he didn't say it, but I always wondered if he felt that it would make a man out of me.  I just wish it could have been accepted that I am a girl.  My mother was lukewarm about it.  She would treat me like a girl, but did not like it when I came out.  She had less problems with me liking boys.

No comments: