Thursday, June 9, 2011

Acceptance as a girl

I have been pondering lately on how easy it is for others to see me as a girl.  There were a couple of times a few years back when I, dressed as a guy would be in a group of ladies and the group was greeted with good night ladies, a few second pause, then and sir.  Even now, I work as a guy, but if the customers don't pay attention, I am referred to in the feminine gender.  I just wonder sometimes, if we perceive a person's spirit more than their actual body.  It does make me feel good to be referred to in the feminine gender, just looks inappropriate I guess.

My mother often treated me in subtle ways as a girl.  I remember if I would be out with her and her friends, if I interrupted the conversation, I would be told that I should wait for a break in the conversation and if I forget what I was going to say, oh well.

No comments: