Tuesday, May 31, 2011

I Was A Craig's List Trophy Wife - Part 4

I Was A Craig's List Trophy Wife (Or How I Made It Through My Transition)
by
Lesley Renee Charles

Chapter 4


When I arrived back at my place. I took a shower, put on a more natural look with my make-up and got dressed in a pair of jeans and a comfortable t-shirt. I got out the phone numbers of the three guys I was considering for being my husband. I wondered if I should call them, but I am of the belief that the man should initiate the date, at least the first date. I wondered if I should email them that I was interested in them and put the ball into their court. I just kept thinking of the chance I was about to take. I really want the right guy in my life, to take care of him as much as he takes care of me.

I always wanted to take care of a home for my husband, so I guess I was more traditional in my desires. I just love the idea of keeping a place clean, having my husband's meal ready for him when he came home for work. I know I have to take care deciding which was the right guy for me. On paper they all seemed great, but that in the end is not what you should base a decision on. I wanted to at least feel some attraction for the guy.

I came to the conclusion that a good course of action was to start dating all three of them. I also was going to be honest with them and tell them at the start that was dating the others until I could decide who was right for me. Granted I was going to use them to finance my transition, if only my parents could accept me and help me through that time. Unfortunately, I don't see them coming around, especially my ever-loving father.

After deciding my course of action, I logged onto Craig's List. I found Will's reply and responded to it.

Will, thanks for answering my ad. You sound like a wonderful man, I would love to meet you and see what happens. If you want, the following is my phone number, (XXX) XXX-XXXX. I would love to hear from you. Lesley.

After sending it on its way, I went to Charles' response.

Charles, your ad intrigues me, I would love to learn more about you. My phone number is (XXX) XXX-XXXX. I am waiting to hear from you, I would love the chance to talk with you and get to know you better. Lesley

Then, I looked up Marc's answer and sent him a response.

Marc, thank you for you wonderful response to my ad. I would love to talk with you. Here is my phone number, (XXX) XXX-XXXX. I am longing to hear from you. Lesley

After, finishing the last response, I logged off. I decided to go out and hit the thrift stores for some nice clothes that fit me. I just knew I had to get some nice dresses, skirts and blouses since I had a feeling I was going to start having a more active night life.

Now I just had to wait for the calls to start and the fun to begin.

No comments: